A Perl module to calculate cosmological distances, volumes, and times.
v0.90 of the Astro::Cosmology module: Astro-Cosmology-0.90.tar.gz (20 kb).
Sample programs & "pretty" pictures
- Carroll, Press & Turner, ARAA, 1992, 30, 499-542
Angular diameter distance code GIF EPS Differential comoving volume code GIF EPS Lookback time code GIF EPS
- Hogg, D. W., "Distance measures in cosmology", astro-ph/9905116
Angular diameter distance code GIF EPS Comoving volume code GIF EPS Distance Modulus code GIF EPS Lookback time code GIF EPS Luminosity distance code GIF EPS Proper motion code GIF EPS
- Add the option to use Pen's approximation for lambda cosmologies
- Consider implementing:
- Kantowski, Kao & Thomas 2000 ApJ 545, 549
- Thomas & Kantowski 2000 Phys Rev D 62, 103507
- Kantowski & Thomas 2001 astro-ph/0011176
- Allow a limited choice of units
- Clean up the titles on the plots above
- August 04 2001
- Released v0.90 of Astro::Cosmology. More tests (thanks Brad) and
change in internal structure of module to (hopefully) make it more
CPAN friendly. No functional changes to v0.83.
Available from CPAN.
- August 02 2001
- Released v0.84 of Astro::Cosmology (minor reorganisation, no functional change to v0.83).
- August 01 2001
- Released v0.83 of Astro::Cosmology (added version method, renamed string to stringify, documentation & test improvements).
- July 29 2001
- Released v0.82 of Astro::Cosmology (added STERADIAN to the constants
and improved documentation).
Added v0.51 of the PDL Astro package. This is only of interest if you have a lot of scripts that use PDL::Astro::Cosmology and want to find them, but still have them work.
- July 28 2001
- Released v0.81, which is the first released version in the Astro::Cosmology namespace. The Constants module has been removed from the distribution: currently a number of useful constants are provided but it would be better if there were an Astro::Constants module (see the Astroconst package).
- July 23 2001
- Intention is to rename to Astro::Cosmology, then release to CPAN. This won't happen until some time in August.
- July 19 2001
- First "official" release to the public (v0.5).
v0.5 of the PDL::Astro module: PDL-Astro-0.50.tar.gz (15 kb).