Next: 14" Telescope Shut
Up: Help Sheets For
Previous: Lynxx Time Sheet
At the end of each night, send the data you have collected over
to the VAX cluster. Here is how to do it:
- In the program manger is a group called INTERNET in this
group there is an item called QVTNET. Double-click on QVTNET and
then choose the FTP option
- Using the dialog box login to the OBSERVER account on
sbast3. Once there, type:
This will put you into the data directory.
- Type mkdir and create a new directory under mtsb named for
the month and the date after midnight. (ie. for the night of
November 2 to the morning of the 3, use NOV_3. Cd into the new
directory (eg. cd NOV_3)
- Check to make sure you are in the right directory by typing path.
is what you would see if you used the example from above. If you are not,
use the CD command to changethe directory.
- Now you can transfer data. Type:
to set the data type.
- Now type
This will send everything from the F: drive to the
directory you are in FTP.
When the files have finished the transfer (this takes about 10
minutes) you exit the process. To do this: Simply select the exit
option under the FILE pull-down.
Scott J. Wolk
Mon Nov 25 15:41:03 EST 1996