Subject: IAUC 6558: SN 1997Z; V1333 Aql; 46P
From: dgreen@cfa0 (Daniel W. E. Green)

Circular No. 6558
Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams
INTERNATIONAL ASTRONOMICAL UNION
Mailstop 18, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
[email-masked] or FAX 617-495-7231 (subscriptions)
[email-masked] or [email-masked] (science)
URL http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/cfa/ps/cbat.html
Phone 617-495-7244/7440/7444 (for emergency use only)
 
V1333 AQUILAE
     A. M. Levine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and
B. Thomas, Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), on behalf on the
RXTE ASM team at GSFC and MIT; M. Garcia and P. Berlind,
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory; and P. Callanan, University
College Cork, report that the low-mass x-ray binary Aquila X-1 (=
V1333 Aql) appears to be in a moderate-intensity outburst in quick-
look results from the RXTE All Sky Monitor.  Recent daily-average
flux levels in the band 2-12 keV are as follows:  Jan. 27, about 60
mCrab; 28, 120; 29, 190; 30, 260; Feb. 1, 310; 2-5, about 360.
Observations of the optical counterpart V1333 Aql from the Whipple
Observatory 1.2-m telescope on Feb. 6.543 UT yield V = 16.9.
Observations at other wavelengths are encouraged.

                      (C) Copyright 1997 CBAT                    
1997 February 12               (6558)            Daniel W. E. Green